Add To Favorites In PHR
What you don't know about Alzheimer's disease
St. Cloud Times - 9/11/2017
Sept. 10--What you don't know about Alzheimer's disease and other kinds of dementia can hurt you and your loved ones.
Organizers with Act on Alzheimer's groups in St. Cloud, Sartell and Becker are hoping to prevent that. The groups want to prepare Central Minnesota communities prepared for an increasingly older population and make them friendlier for people with dementia and their care partners.
They are offering a series of free educational events in St. Cloud and Sauk Rapids that cover everything from the very basics to caring for a loved one who is in the late stages of the disease.
More than 5 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's, many in Central Minnesota.
The Basics and The Doctor Is In, with guest speaker Dr. George Schoephoerster.
* Sept. 11, Good Shepherd Community Fellowship Hall in Sauk Rapids, Sept. 28, Whitney Senior Center.
Learning the Language: Communication and Memory Loss, Understanding and Managing Behaviors, with the Alzheimer's Association.
* Sept. 18, Good Shepherd Community; Sept. 23, Whitney Senior Center.
Legal Planning Related to Dementia.
* Sept. 25, Good Shepherd Community; Nov. 30, Whitney Senior Center.
Living with Alzheimer's for Caregivers: Early stage
* Oct. 2, Good Shepherd Community; Dec. 21, Whitney Senior Center.
Living with Alzheimer's for Caregivers: Middle stage
* Oct. 9, Good Shepherd Community; Jan. 25, Whitney Senior Center.
Living with Alzheimer's for Caregivers: Late stages
* Oct. 16, Good Shepherd Community; Feb. 22, Whitney Senior Center.
Dementia Conversations: A discussion on various topics, including visiting the doctor, when to stop driving, and making legal and financial plans.
* 6-7 p.m., Oct. 18, Sartell Community Center.
"I Already Told You ... Don't You Remember? Understanding Memory Loss, Dementia and Dementia Communication": With Erin Bonitto, a nationally known educator and dementia communication coach.
* 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Nov. 9, Sartell Community Center.
* Details: sartellseniorconnection.com, email@example.com or 290-6807.
Note: Events at Good Shepherd Community are from 1:30-3:30 p.m. Events at Whitney Senior Center are from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
For more information, visit actonalz.org/st-cloud, actonalz.org/sauk-rapids, actonalz.org/becker, actonalz.org, alz.org/mnnd.
Vee's family hangs on to the memories
Pop music icon Bobby Vee dead at 73
St. Cloud tackles Alzheimer's disease
Caregivers will get resources for dementia patients
(c)2017 the St. Cloud Times (St. Cloud, Minn.)
Visit the St. Cloud Times (St. Cloud, Minn.) at www.sctimes.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.